Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ride It!


Life is a huge rollercoaster.

Hold on tight!
Just when you think you're up, you're plummeting and you feel as if your heart is in your throat. Then, you make a sharp turn and slam into the wind. And, you're climbing again.

Sometimes it helps to just recognize that life is full of ups and downs, and they are unexpected. Although, you know when getting on the roller coaster that there are twists and turns, and sudden drops, you are still caught off-guard and scream when they happen. And, it's scary. But, that's what makes it fun.

When I first moved here to L.A., I had no idea how hard it would be. But, I realize that it's a roller coaster. Ups include networking with the right people, and getting positive feedback on my scripts. Downs include living paycheck to paycheck, and wondering if I'll ever be de-stressed enough to write.

After being here for nearly three years, I believe that I've got the hang of it. I understand the ride I'm on, and I can lean into the sharp curves, and ride out the huge dips. I'm actually enjoying the ride. I've had my film featured at a film festival. I've been written about in the newspaper, and on the internet. I actually have fans who support my film and my future projects.

If you have a dream, no matter how big, go for it. Get on the roller coaster and ride it. It may be scary at first, but after a few ups and downs, you'll feel the rhythm. It won't get easier. There will be the same sharp turns and gut-renching drops. But, it will be an experience that you'll have mastered. You will anticipate the dips, and lean into the twists and turns. You will feel the wind on your face, and it will be sublime.

Life is a roller coaster.

Just ride it. And, don't look down.

No comments: