I had a button in high school that said, "Stupid People Shouldn't Breathe."
I saw another one that said, "Stupid People Shouldn't Breed."
They're out there. What can you do about it? Nothing.
I get a little frustrated now and then, but I realize that God has blessed us each differently.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not an intellectual elitist. And, I don't claim to be the smartest grape in the bunch. But, sometimes the things people say and do make me want to hit them upside the head, and tell them to at least TRY to use the good sense God gave them.
Just to clarify, here are a few pieces of information that could definitely help the intelligence-impaired community:
1. Not all Black people who are Muslim are from the "Nation of Islam."
2. Muslim does not mean "terrorist."
3. Islam is not another word for "fundamentalism."
4. Being a Muslim doesn't mean that a person is from the Middle East or Pakistan.
5. Not all American Muslims are converted from another religion, some are born and raised as second (or third, fourth, fifth, etc.) generation Muslims.
That's just the tip of the iceberg.
Believe it or not, there are these things called books that are chock full of quality information to help the thinking-impaired. If you prefer a more digital learning experience, use your friendly neighborhood library. Along with books, they have audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, and computers equipped with the Internet. There's also friendly staff available to help you locate the information you need. Proceed with caution. You will have to use your brain to process the information you find, so be sure that it's engaged and properly turned on prior to uploading.